News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The origin of nonsense

Started by chrisbellekom, September 14, 2010, 03:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisbellekom

Hello HAF members,

Ok all, hold on to your hats. Apparently the theory of evolution is a hoax.
Reed this and weep, then laugh, then weep some more.

http://www.theoriginofspeciousnonsense.com/book%20demo/bookdemo.html

I thought you might want to know. Then again, the fact that some crazed misguided soul wishes to discard science as a hoax is nothing new. What makes this boor 'special' however is this:

The Irish Science Minister Lenihan will launch the book. Yes you've read this correctly.

http://www.atheist.ie/2010/09/science-minister-lenihan-to-launch-book-calling-evolution-a-hoax/

How's that for a Lark.

Regards,

Chris B.
[size=90]
===============================================================
"To you I'm an Atheist. To God I'm the Loyal Opposition - Woody Allen (Stardust memories)
[/size]

notself

The country most damaged by Christianity has got to be Ireland.  It makes me sad to think of it.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "notself"The country most damaged by Christianity has got to be Ireland.  It makes me sad to think of it.
Sure.  If you exclude USA and all of Africa.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

notself

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Quote from: "notself"The country most damaged by Christianity has got to be Ireland.  It makes me sad to think of it.

Christians are still working on the USA and have just begun in Africa.  Ireland is toast.  The good news is "Most Catholic" Spain has managed to get out from under the horror of religious domination so perhaps there is hope.

Davin

Quote from: "notself"
Quote from: "PoopShoot"

Christians are still working on the USA and have just begun in Africa.  Ireland is toast.  The good news is "Most Catholic" Spain has managed to get out from under the horror of religious domination so perhaps there is hope.
When it comes down to how bad Christianity is in your country: if they're not killing children as witches, then you're probably better off than Africa.

Child-witches-of-Nigeria-seek-refuge
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Squid

QuoteJohn J May is a poet and a street philosopher...

And I thought that I wouldn't find any books that are less academic than Harun Yahya's crap...I was wrong.  This makes me want to continue work on my book.

Sophus

I love how evolution is always "dead" or about to die. They've been claiming the theory is about to be thrown out for years.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

PoopShoot

Quote from: "Sophus"I love how evolution is always "dead" or about to die. They've been claiming the theory is about to be thrown out for years.
Yep.  Like a hundred of them.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

humblesmurph

Quote from: "Davin"When it comes down to how bad Christianity is in your country: if they're not killing children as witches, then you're probably better off than Africa.

Awful. Just. Awful.

notself

Quote from: "Davin"
Quote from: "notself"
Quote from: "PoopShoot"Sure.  If you exclude USA and all of Africa.

When it comes down to how bad Christianity is in your country: if they're not killing children as witches, then you're probably better off than Africa.

You're right.  The thing is Nigerians had a strong belief in witch craft before the fundamentalists arrived.  The fundamentalists just added "Western approval" for the persecution of witches.   Just like the witch craft trials in Europe and America, it is all about money.

joeactor

Quote from: "chrisbellekom"Ok all, hold on to your hats. Apparently the theory of evolution is a hoax.
Reed this and weep, then laugh, then weep some more.
http://www.theoriginofspeciousnonsense.com/book%20demo/bookdemo.html

Gee... from his "Quotes" page, he sounds ok:
QuoteThe 10 Commandments Of Logic:
We must not accept myths -- In defiance of science.
We shall not reject laws -- That show a first cause.
We shall not deny acts -- That confirm known facts.
We shall practise reason -- In every season.
We should taste the fruit -- Of visible truth.
We must cast off bias -- With its seed in lies.
We shall use the mind -- And not be blind.
We must never accept tradition -- over scientific ammunition.
We must refuse to choose -- A pseudoscientific ruse.
We must respect the relevance -- Of testable evidence.

... now if he only followed a few of those ideas!

The horrible irony that smacks me in the face is how these evolutionary nay-sayers embrace science (ie, the IntarWeb) to promote their non-scientific views.  I bet he believes in immunizing his kids and taking antibiotics.

Sheesh!,
JoeActor

chrisbellekom

And what about the Man's Use OF Capitals ALL over his BOOK

:yay:
[size=90]
===============================================================
"To you I'm an Atheist. To God I'm the Loyal Opposition - Woody Allen (Stardust memories)
[/size]

PoopShoot

People are always telling me that evolution is "just a theory".  I enjoy reminding them that germ theory is also "just a theory", but this doesn't prevent them from washing their hands after a good poop.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Thumpalumpacus

QuoteThe 10 Commandments Of Logic:
We must not accept myths -- In defiance of science.
We shall not reject laws -- That show a first cause.
We shall not deny acts -- That confirm known facts.
We shall practise reason -- In every season.
We should taste the fruit -- Of visible truth.
We must cast off bias -- With its seed in lies.
We shall use the mind -- And not be blind.
We must never accept tradition -- over scientific ammunition.
We must refuse to choose -- A pseudoscientific ruse.
We must respect the relevance -- Of testable evidence.

What, are Jesse Jackson's tax problems so bad he's got to take on spec-work?
Illegitimi non carborundum.

notself

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"What, are Jesse Jackson's tax problems so bad he's got to take on spec-work?
lol