News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Talking to myself . . .

Started by Dave, July 04, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Nobody around much, too quiet, must be football or tennis or something else I am (not) missing. Like I won't be missing (not watching) the Olympics either.

HELLO! ANYONE THERE?

:geezer!:

Oh, well, where's that vino? Bugger the gout!

No, on second thoughts . . .

Grump
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tom62

Don't worry, you are not alone.

How is your gout doing? Mine is asleep for more than 10 years now. Ayurveda treatments made it disappear. Once in a while (on cold winter nights), I still feel a tingling in my left big toe, which (thankfully) goes away the next day. Wouldn't want to wake up that monster again.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Oh, dear,  Tom has broken the prime rule and spoken directly to me! What do I do now?

Suppose I can sort of answer him . . .

Got a call today to say the blood test still shows elevated uric acid levels. What do I have to do? Trying to stick to rules  :-[

Pain went away a week ago, then I went for a walk and it came back. Can't use normal painkillers so now have special stuff, does not kill pain just stops white cells rushing to the rescue at the site (pointlessly) and causing the swelling that is the main source of the pain. Plus uric acid reducing stuff that may take yonks to work.

Diets confusing, Mayo Clinic, "Go on! Nosh those nice beans and peas, shovel in the asparagus and that lovely brown bread." Other "authorities" say, "No way, Jose - even if your name is Dave!" All say keep off the offal - I can live with(out) that. All also say, "No sardines or other oily fish, well, small bit of baked salmon if you really must - occasionaly. Oh, and cod is a load of, er, trouble as well."

"Drink lots of water and caffeinated coffee." Oops, not last one for me, not good for my dicky ticker! OK, I start my day with green tea with lemon, lemon is healthy - right? And green tea has flavinoids, anti-oxidants, good for the heart. It's mint or ginger/lemon infusion for the rest of the day. "No alcohol", I'll rebel there and have a drop of vino once a week. Lo-fat milk is actually good for gout, but not for lactose intolerant gastric systems, like mine. Have you seen tbe price of lactose free milk?

I know there are "alternative" ideas in therapy, even Indian ones, but my scepticometer starts flashing orange at the mere mention of such.

Luckily pain not extreme, middle/outside of feet rather than toe joints at the mo, but not inclined to walk too far or climb stairs. Damn, I live on 1st floor, can't avoid the things!

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dave

I was hoping not to have to explain the idea of this thread.

Thanks, Buddy, and Tom but my OP was not a plea for contact; that question was, sort of, rhetorical.

So, Tom's response could take the form of his own musings, "Gloucester sounds lonely, I know what gout, and its mobility problems, feels like. Wonder how he is coping with it, has he considered Ayurvedic therapy? Worked for me for past ten years..." The thoughts that are the precursors to an actual, considered, response.

Some posts may not need a response at all, just a passing thought or an observation and anything (forum legal) goes. No specific subject needed.

Humour; rhetorical, even dry, wry, ascerbic or whatever, preferred.

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

joeactor

Talking to myself and hearing voices has turned into a career for me.
Sure... that's probably healthy!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on July 05, 2016, 05:18:34 PM
Talking to myself and hearing voices has turned into a career for me.
Sure... that's probably healthy!

:lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Talking to myself...

Crow and Bruno de la Pole are not coming back.

"Get up Magdalena, the show must go on..."  >:(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Quote from: Magdalena on July 07, 2016, 04:46:01 AM
Talking to myself...

Crow and Bruno de la Pole are not coming back.

"Get up Magdalena, the show must go on..."  >:(

Woah wait up, what happened to Bruno?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

Bruno as himself was fun.

He as a white corporate executive deploring white advantage...
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Yes, Bruno de la Pole is not coming back. I got an email that he wanted me to share with everyone, but I refused. I told him to come say goodbye himself. He said he didn't want to because we were gonna ask him why he was leaving us and he said he was gonna feel like responding, and then he was gonna end up staying--again.  :sad sigh:
Our conversation looked like this:

Anyways...

I'm sad about that.  :(

He said he wasn't gonna check his PM, either, so...

I did share the email with Davin, I don't know if he wants to share it with all of you. Go ahead, Davin, Bruno de la Pole would've wanted you to--I don't have the heart.  :cryandrun:
I really loved that Ape, as much as I love that Crow.  :weepy:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on July 07, 2016, 07:02:13 PM
I did share the email with Davin, I don't know if he wants to share it with all of you. Go ahead, Davin, Bruno de la Pole would've wanted you to--I don't have the heart.  :cryandrun:
I really loved that Ape, as much as I love that Crow.  :weepy:

Honestly though, I don't feel comfortable sharing Bruno's email. It seems to me to be up to him and he has already chosen.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.