News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Anyone going to Reason Rally?

Started by Thunder Road, January 14, 2012, 12:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder Road

Washington, DC on March 24th.  Dawkins will be speaking, among many others.

I can't make it because my Spring Break ends the 18th, but I'm hoping they stream it online or I can watch some of it later.

http://reasonrally.org/
"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." -John Lennon, Strawberry Fields Forever

Freshman Meteorology major at Valparaiso University in Indiana and fan of exclusively classic rock.

Whitney

I would like to but DC going to a rally isn't where I want to spend my trip money...I haven't been on a real vacation in quite some time so if it's not a beach or foreign country it's not worth it :)

Traveler

Hey, thanks for posting this. I live near DC and am going to try to go. :)
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Velma

My husband and I are planning on going.  I've already asked for the time off work, so I hope it works out.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on January 14, 2012, 02:40:49 AM
My husband and I are planning on going.  I've already asked for the time off work, so I hope it works out.
Isn't that quite a trek for you?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Wish I could but a) Denver is a long way from DC and b) the month of March is crazy for me.  Among other things I have a wedding in SC and a convention in Vegas to go to.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.