News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Senate hearing on alledged Russian links

Started by Dave, June 08, 2017, 03:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Just listened to Comey's introductory speech - something of a character assassination on Trump.

Nothing new, but in its present context...
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

It's under oath, so while it may not be new, it will hold some actual weight. Not much weight with the GOP controlling the two branches of government and a significant amount of the Judicial. At least even with the GOP, there is still a chance that those involved will see justice.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Yes, under oath so the evidence should have weight - but how thst weught is used . . .

It is the tone that I find interesting, very much oresented with an element io personal opinion under the factual. I was interested in the wsy Trump's buddy on the board belaboured the fact that Trump's suggestion that Comey go easy on the Flynn enquirey was just a suggestion, not an order. But shen a man like Trump suggests he almost certainly intends it to be treated as an order. It was the pivotal point between multiple, "You're a great guy doing a great job" and "You are a showboater running a crap organisation."

The actual statement that the comments about the state if the FBI were lies caused something of a muttering.

Comey was very sensible in recording, if only as memos, everything that was said.

Biggus Dickus

KAMALA HARRIS: Let's talk about Sessions

JOHN CORNYN: Let's talk about Hillary

MARCO RUBIO: Let's talk about me

JOHN MCCAIN: I got bingo!

Some crazy stuff today...should've been a National Holiday.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Either Donald is a genius by playing a fool who doesn't know how to be preciae with his words, or he is actually a fool. Either way, this is the same thing that happened with Hillary. Only now the sides have switched. With Donald supporters defending the orange and the haters saying he is 100% guilty.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Quote from: Arturo on June 09, 2017, 08:04:07 PM
Either Donald is a genius by playing a fool who doesn't know how to be preciae with his words, or he is actually a fool. Either way, this is the same thing that happened with Hillary. Only now the sides have switched. With Donald supporters defending the orange and the haters saying he is 100% guilty.
It's not right to say it's the same thing. There are similarities to be sure, but be careful with equating. Equating this way, with so few similarities and using the lowest common denominator, makes the equation meaningless. While no equivocation is going to be faultless, there are several big and important differences that outweigh the minor similarities you mentioned.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

No one

Gloucester
Just listened to Comey's introductory speech - something of a character assassination on Trump.

Wouldn't one need to have some character first?

Dave

Quote from: No one on June 10, 2017, 06:20:27 AM
Gloucester

Wouldn't one need to have some character first?

Good point, my error! :D