News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

I can't put into words what I feel about this.

Started by Tank, March 08, 2018, 05:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

That is...so ridiculous I don't even know where to start!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Things like this always make me think of that line from Pride and Prejudice: "For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?"
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

drfreemlizard

Re: Bishop

Please tell me this is a joke....

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Arturo

I don't understand what the OP was talking about. Why do I say this? Well apart from his long winded explanation such as that I am giving now. And his propensity to butcher the language into making it almost incomprehensible also like I am doing now. I didn't know what the heck he was talking about. What coincidence? Then I had to draw the lines myself. The dude was saying his holy day was coincidentally landing on the national women's day that also had the same theme behind it - women.

Like you could have just said that in the first place and not draw it out.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bluenose

I continue to be unsurprised by the stupid things that come out of the mouths of supposedly educated religious leaders' mouths.  Once you believe in imaginary, magic men in the sky you can believe just about anything.  Logic alone cannot help, these people may well present logical arguments (although many don't) but if the basic premise is wrong, no matter how they follow the rules of logic their conclusions will always be wrong too.

Most religious people IMO see the edifice built by the logic of their leaders, but never notice the shaky foundations of that edifice. Perhaps intuitively they realise that if they look too hard the whole lot will come tumbling down. So when their basic assumption is questioned they figuratively put their fingers in their ears and start yelling "la, la, la, la... I can't hear you!"
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Icarus

Our national political scene has firm lines drawn.  The entrenched attitude of each side is worrisome.  We are near a tribal condition of us against them and no amount of reason seems to be acceptable to either side.  Our news media has fallen into the same rut.  One of the more erudite talking heads recently acknowledged that the networks must give the audience what they want.  She uttered a profundity that also applies to our subject here.  "People want affirmation not information "

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Icarus on July 09, 2018, 09:01:29 PM
Our national political scene has firm lines drawn.  The entrenched attitude of each side is worrisome.  We are near a tribal condition of us against them and no amount of reason seems to be acceptable to either side.  Our news media has fallen into the same rut.  One of the more erudite talking heads recently acknowledged that the networks must give the audience what they want.  She uttered a profundity that also applies to our subject here.  "People want affirmation not information "

We all (nations) have the same problem but what's the fix?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.