News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Quote from: Asmodean on September 05, 2018, 08:52:52 AM
De Asbo is dot cheery. De Asbo's dose, which He doesd't habe, by de bay, is all stuffy add biserable. :( Is teddible, He tedds you!  :(
There, there. We will find someone to fix you a hot toddy and tuck you in bed.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Velma on September 05, 2018, 08:56:46 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on September 05, 2018, 08:52:52 AM
De Asbo is dot cheery. De Asbo's dose, which He doesd't habe, by de bay, is all stuffy add biserable. :( Is teddible, He tedds you!  :(
There, there. We will find someone to fix you a hot toddy and tuck you in bed.

The nearest person would be G85!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Geographically, I think people from England may well be closer, as geodesics fly. Norway is a long country. :P

Now, there was talk of whiskey with lemon being good for sickly Asmos, yes? :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Tank:
I having trouble getting my head around a discussion on pain in the 'Reasons to be cheerful!' thread

Not into the S&M scene then, huh Tank?

Tank

Quote from: No one on September 05, 2018, 10:13:06 AM
Tank:
I having trouble getting my head around a discussion on pain in the 'Reasons to be cheerful!' thread

Not into the S&M scene then, huh Tank?

That discussion resulted in the implosion of the Richard Dawkins Forum! And no, I'll not say anything more on the subject  :teadrink:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 05, 2018, 02:30:33 AM

:notsure: I haven't thought of my pain scale yet, but the appendicitis I had when I was 5 would definitely be up there.

How reliable is that memory?

I avoid pain because I don't like it, I've never broken a bone.
Migraines aren't much fun, I haven't had one for ages though.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bluenose

Quote from: Tank on September 05, 2018, 08:03:39 AM
I having trouble getting my head around a discussion on pain in the 'Reasons to be cheerful!' thread :rofl:

Well, any time I'm not is pain is reason enough to be cheerful.  Which is most of the time, so that's another reason...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on September 05, 2018, 08:03:39 AM
I having trouble getting my head around a discussion on pain in the 'Reasons to be cheerful!' thread :rofl:

:rofl:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on September 05, 2018, 11:22:20 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 05, 2018, 02:30:33 AM

:notsure: I haven't thought of my pain scale yet, but the appendicitis I had when I was 5 would definitely be up there.

How reliable is that memory?

I avoid pain because I don't like it, I've never broken a bone.
Migraines aren't much fun, I haven't had one for ages though.

Parts of it are unreliable, I was only 5, after all...

For instance, I distinctly remember staying in the hospital for a month after feeling intense pain in my right side. When I got home I told everyone that I had been hospitalised for that long. Turns out I was only there for 2 nights.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on September 05, 2018, 09:40:40 AM
Geographically, I think people from England may well be closer, as geodesics fly. Norway is a long country. :P

Closest medical science has come to a true Panacea, as far as I'm concerned.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Bluenose

Quote from: Guardian85 on September 05, 2018, 08:07:33 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on September 05, 2018, 09:40:40 AM

Closest medical science has come to a true Panacea, as far as I'm concerned.

I would recommend for the Asmo: into half a cup of just boiled water add the juice of half a lemon, a teaspoon of honey and a nip of rum.  Stir well and sip.  Soothes the throat, clears the nose and makes you feel much better!

GNU Terry Pratchett

Icarus

Bluenose recipe is faulty.  He says a nip of rum.  Perhaps Strine has a different meaning for the word nip.  In my mind a nip is only a wee bit.  And why dilute perfectly good booze with water?  Such a medicinal should have at least 100 ml of good quality rum.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on September 06, 2018, 03:22:48 AM
Bluenose recipe is faulty.  He says a nip of rum.  Perhaps Strine has a different meaning for the word nip.  In my mind a nip is only a wee bit.  And why dilute perfectly good booze with water?  Such a medicinal should have at least 100 ml of good quality rum.
In the case of medication I wouldn't waste good quality rum. Any old shit will do in these circumstances! :grin:

Bad Penny II

QuoteSometimes I wonder
What all these chemicals
Are doin' to my brain
Doesn't worry me enough
To stop me from doin' it agai-ai-ain
Wipin' out brain cells
By the millions but I don't care
It doesn't worry me
Even though I ain't got a lot to spare-are-are
Woh-hoh-oh, the nips are gettin' bigger
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bluenose

A nip is a standard 30 ml shot of spirit.  I can't help it if you Pommies don't even know your own language!  ;)  :D

Oh, and Tank is quite right.  I wouldn't use good drinking rum, any available cheap rum will do, after all you're going to add honey and lemon.  Over here I'd go for Bundaberg rum, which I normally have on hand for cooking purposes, but is also OK mixed with Coke, which I would never do with one of my favourite rums.  Think of it as the Johnny Walker Red Label of rums..

GNU Terry Pratchett